All Socialveo-hosted customers are bound by the Policy set forth here upon ordering hosting services from Socialveo. Please contact us if you have any queries about the content or implementation of these Policy.
Acceptable Use Policy
- Socialveo reserves the right to refuse service or cancel existing accounts for any reason at any time. In the event of an account cancellation by Socialveo or the customer, Socialveo will not issue a refund. See Returns and Refund Policy for more info about.
- Socialveo reserves the right to change fees at any time.
- Socialveo is not responsible for lost revenue, traffic, or data caused by server down time or failure, domain name transfers, or any other error – mechanical or human.
- Customers of Socialveo are forbidden from partaking in an “abusive practice”. The following is a list of possible abusive practices. Socialveo reserves the right to add to or modify this list at any time.
- Sending unsolicited commercial e-mail with your account. Also, a violation is incurred if any unsolicited email is reported relating to your domain with us in anyway, regardless of what SMTP (outgoing mail server) was used to transmit the message.
- Upload, posting or reproducing in any way materials protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright holder.
- Uploading or creating any exploitable or aggressive materials on our shared webhosting platform is strictly prohibited. Any tools we locate that may be used to exploit the operating system, or any operating system, will result in immediate account termination. This includes eggdrop bots, buffer overflow programs, devices to attack or harass other internet users, and many other items. Socialveo, reserves the complete discretion to determine what materials fall under these headings.
Participating in an abusive practice will lead to an immediate account termination without prior notice or refund of any pre-payment.
- Customers of Socialveo are to use our email services as an means of transport between themselves and their recipients. Our shared email servers are not storage servers. We are not responsible for any loss of emails if you abuse this policy as we reserve the right to purge an Inbox if that email account is using more than 5 MB of space. This policy is in effect because of the sheer risk of what email can do to a shared server. The memory/CPU overload and lack of resources it can cause can lead to putting other customers out of business.
- Customers of Socialveo are bound to all system Policy not specifically listed within this agreement. Violation of any of these system Policy will result in an immediate account cancellation without refund or access to hosted files.
- This agreement is not assignable or transferable without the express written consent of Socialveo.
- Socialveo’s hosting services may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission of any material in violation of any regulation is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to: copyrighted material, material legally judged to be threatening or obscene, or material protected by trade secret.
- The client specifically agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Socialveo from any claim resulting from a breach of these terms, and/or the use of the service which damages another.
- This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the country Switzerland, kanton Ticino, city Lugano. Any action in regard to this agreement or arising out of its terms and conditions shall be instituted and litigated in the court of city Lugano, kanton Ticino, country Switzerland. Each of the parties consents to jurisdiction in such Court and agrees that service of process as provided by the states and rules of civil procedures of this shall be sufficient.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto.
Application & Resource Usage
While Socialveo welcomes the sharing of content from within your account, we must maintain a level of performance, security and reliability that is satisfactory to all customers on each shared hosting server. Excessive use of the server’s resources or bandwidth may lead to monitoring and restrictions as deemed necessary to prevent degradation of service for other accounts on that server.
Abuse of System Resources
Because all servers are shared by many customers, we must limit how much system resources (e.g. CPU, memory, disk I/O) any one account utilizes. Therefore, any program, application, script or process that consumes too many resources that has a significant impact on other customers performance, reliability, or otherwise, is considered an abuse of system resources.
Although our higher level packages allow for more disk space usage and bandwidth allotments, they are intended for small and medium-sized websites and traffic flow. Shared hosting accounts are not intended for large, resource intensive websites with heavy amounts of traffic. Such sites are best suited for our dedicated server packages.
Specific examples of system resource abuse include, but are not limited to:
- Background Processes
Socialveo Hosting does not permit any running background processes without express approval. This includes, but is not limited to: IRC bots, bouncers, eggdrops, BitchX, XiRCON or any other program that interferes with normal server operation.
- MySQL Persistent and Remote Connections
While in some instances persistent connections can increase server performance, we have found that connections are commonly not dropped properly leading to increased resource overhead. As such, persistent connections are prohibited. Additionally, both for security and performance purposes, remote MySQL connections are disabled and forbidden.
- Cron Job Usage
While we permit the use of cron jobs to automate certain Socialveo tasks, such tasks can be resource intensive and if it is found that your cron job is having a detrimental effect on the overall server performance, the task may be disabled.
Account Backup & Retention Policy
While Socialveo performs daily and weekly backups to help ensure data continuity, we rely on third party technologies to do so and backups are not always verified or guaranteed. You should regularly obtain your own backups to ensure maximum data availability.
Additional Software & Content
Our hosting services are not traditional web hosting. The only content permitted on the server is that which is provided by Socialveo, and generated by that software. Third-party modifications and hooks are permitted, as long as they are installed following Socialveo development standards, do not require file edits, and are not on the prohibited list below. There may be no stand-alone HTML, PHP, or other pages or scripts.
While Socialveo encourages you to customize the software to meet your specific needs, you should be aware that the more modifications that are installed, the more system resources your account will use. When you reach the threshold, your account will no longer function until you disable customizations to bring the account to a reasonable level of resource usage. Please contact Socialveo support if you are unsure of the implication of installing a customization.
Any account found to be in violation of this policy will receive an e-mail warning of any action taken or to be taken and will provide, whenever possible, an opportunity to rectify the cause of the violation. In extreme cases, the Socialveo Hosting administration team may suspend or terminate the account or offending process(es) immediately to protect the integrity and performance of the server. 24 hour notice will be provided when possible.
Last Modified: January 25, 2015